"Membership has clearly come to the forefront in our thinking around strategic initiatives." Chris Fraracci, President, Board of Directors.
At Ontario Natural Food Co-op, members are co-owners of ONFC and it is our members and customers who lead and inform us – as well as being a source of the values we uphold.
ONFC membership provides rights and benefits, but it also comes with certain responsibilities to the co-op.
ALL ONFC members have access to the following rights & benefits:
- Shared co-op values: Engage with an organization that follows the
- A vote. ‘One member = One vote’ is the basis for democratic economic participation.
- Direct & be heard:
- An invitation to participate on committees of the Board of Directors.
- An invitation to put forward others’ or your own candidacy for the Board of Directors (for more information on the Board, click here)
- Access to exclusive, members-only information:
- Offering Statement which describes the nature of the business and the financial picture. (i.e., similar to a corporate prospectus)
- Members-only newsletter, the Membership Communiqué
- Annual General Meeting Report
- Invitation to the Annual General Meeting
- Financial benefits:
- 1% member discount on each invoice
ALL members have equal responsibility to fulfill the following:
- Financial investment through the member loan: a 1% member loan is paid on each invoice. Good owners invest in their business in order to see their enterprise flourish. This is what our members are doing right now through the member loan.
- Member engagement. It is welcomed and expected that members get involved in the direction of ONFC through opportunities offered throughout the year, committees, the Board of Directors, and at the Annual General Meeting.
Different kinds of members have different ways of doing business with ONFC:
For more information on ONFC Membership and Member Benefits. Contact: email@example.com or call 1-800-387-0354, ext. 233